The following represents the information gathering and use practices of HTIR Work-Study USA
, Inc. These web sites include the main www.htir.com website and its sub-domains.
Our Commitment To Privacy
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on every page in our website.
The only personal data HTIR collects through this website is the information you give us when you use our site. This personal information is only what you provide when you send us your comments or requests for information. HTIR uses the information you provide for the purposes for which it was originally collected. That is, to respond to your comments or questions, and/or provide the information or services you requested.
The only mandatory information we will collect from you when you fill out our inquiry form is your name and email address. We also ask for your phone, residing country, major and comments/questions. However, these are optional fields.
HTIR will never collect the following information:
- Political opinions or affiliations
- Religious affiliations
- Trade union memberships
- Genetic or biometric data
- Sex life or sexual orientation
HTIR does not use personal information to make automated decisions
HTIR uses Provide Support Chat which monitors, in real time, IP addresses that visit the site in order to provide chat services for questions asked by visitors of the website. We maintain copies of the transcripts of the chats, so we can review how our chat operators are performing their duties. The transcripts have the name and email address that you give to us, as well as, the correspondence between you and the operator. We destroy the transcripts after six months from when the chat occurred.
HTIR also uses Google analytics to help us improve the content and functionality of our websites, to better understand the needs and interests of the people that use our website, and to improve our programs and services.
When you visit the HTIR website, Google Analytics may collect information regarding:
- Which pages you visit on our site
- How long you stayed on the website
- Country where you were located in when you visited the website
- Demographics and Interests
- From which web page you came to our site
- Which browser and operating system you use to visit our site and its configuration
- Search words entered to find our site
The above information is never associated with specific individual users. Information is tracked by IP addresses.
Provide Support only monitors IP users in real time. HTIR does not collect or store any information regarding an IP visit to the site. There is no way to opt out of the real time monitoring.
If you do not want Google to track your visit to our site, you can opt-out. Other options for stopping Google from tracking website use, is through your Browser Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or the NAI's consumer opt-out.
The HTIR web sites do not:
- Collect personally identifiable information (e.g., name, email address) unless you voluntarily provide it to us
- Provide or sell any personally identifiable information to outside non-HTIR agencies (third parties) except as authorized by you as part of the application process or other service
HTIR will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on HTIR or the site
- Protect and defend the rights or property of HTIR
- Act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of HTIR, or the public
If you ask to receive services provided by HTIR, any information you provide is confidential and is not shared with any third parties except as authorized by you as part of the application process or other service you receive. For example, during an email correspondence with you, we may CC the admissions officer of a university (that fits your inquiry). Or we may share your information with a university so they can send you relevant information that you have requested.
The only third parties who we will share your information with are:
- Consulting agents (but only if you have indicated you want to work with an outside agency)
If you decide to apply we will ask for admission documents. We will only ask for documents that are relavent to the program you are applying to. These documents are collect and submitted to the university's admission department. No other third party receives a copy of these documents. We destroy these documents after six months of obtaining them. The universities usually hold on to the documents for no longer than one year after receiving them, unless you are enrolled in their school.
User Access Request
Website users have the right to request access of their information. You may email or call us (541-345-1734) to request this information. If requested, HTIR will provde the following free of charge within 30 days of request:
- What personal information pertaining to the user is being processed
- Why this information is being processed
- Who has access to this personal information about the user
- How this personal information is being used in automated decisions
- What processes are using this information
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Your personal information is not stored on site.
HTIR Work Study, Inc is the data controler of the personal data that is collected when you fill out one of our inquiry/comment forms. If you have any concerns regarding the data you have submitted you can contact us by email or call us at 541-345-1734.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this site, please contact us.
For more information on privacy, please visit the Electronic Privacy Information Center.
Find an Opportunity
Interested in finding an opportunity to work and study in the U.S.? Fill out our short form and we'll have a representative contact you to match your needs to a work and study opportunity.